I just started a new job as a Ra Ra Lady (again) and since G and I are really on a tight budget, we decided to bring baon (packed lunch) to work at least twice a week.
I have been contemplating on what to prepare for our packed lunch. Several fast and easy stuff came to mind like sandwiches (G likes his bread white and we only have white at home, but I prefer mine brown for that ‘healthy’ effect), salads, pasta or instant noodles! The idea of a lunch wrap came to me when my colleagues had it a couple of times for lunch and it was good, although it cost about S$12 which is already a three hawker center meals (yes, I’m a cheapskate like that). So, instead of buying wraps, I can make one for me and G and experiment on ingredients to wrap in it! And I came up with these recipes as these are what’s in my kitchen and the easiest one I can think of to make.
I. Chorizo Wrap
Similar to my Chorizo Pasta recipe sans the pasta.
Wrap: Wholemeal Wrap from Gardenia, Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber
1. Follow directions for cooking the chorizo from my Easy Chorizo Pasta Recipe.
2. Heat wrap for 40 seconds on a non-stick pan. You may also microwave it according to the instructions in the packaging.
3. Arrange lettuce in the middle of the wrap. Top with Chorizo and Cucumber.
II. Tuna Mayo Wrap
1 can of tuna in brine
3 Cloves of Garlic
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp grated cheese (You may use Parmesan, Cheddar, Edam. I used Edam as it’s what we have)
1 tbsp milk
Salt & Pepper
1 medium sized onion, diced
Directions (Tuna Mayo)
1. Saute garlic until lightly brown. Drain water from tuna and add in to the pan with the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, cheese and milk in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Blend in cooked tuna and mix well. You may put in a jar and put it in the fridge for it to last a week.
1. Prepare wrap according to packaging instructions.
2. Line the lettuce in the middle of the wrap then top with Tuna Mayo, Onion, Cucumber, Tomato and Bell Pepper.
3. Roll wrap and pack.
Well, that’s a wrap for me. I’ll be posting of some photos and probably recipes of other wraps I’ve done. But for now, this is a hit, at least for me and G! 🙂