To continue my easy-to-cook saga, I now share with you my easy homemade potato chips.
It’s one of those periods when you just want to pigout and stuff yourself with anything and everything. For me, it’s easier to cook than to buy snacks outside because (1) I’m strapped for money as I’m just ‘freelancing’ and (2) I’d like to think I’m a kitchen doctor so I experiment.
What’s for lunch? 🙂 Homemade Potato Chips!
I had a leftover of potatoes from last night’s meal (G’s meal of pie + chips + salad) so I decided to finish it and have it for my lunch today.
2pcs medium sized potatoes
1tsp all purpose flour
pepper and dry basil to taste
1. Wash and Cut potatoes according to preferred chip size. I prefer my chips with skin but if you don’t want to then you can peel it. I also like my chips huge.
2. Soak sliced potatoes in cold water for 2-5 minutes. You know how fries are crispier if you fry them frozen? I guess this is the logic behind soaking it in cold water since you won’t have enough time to freeze your freshly cut potatoes.
3. Drain the potatoes and sprinkle pepper, basil and flour. Potatoes should be evenly coated with these ingredients. I opt not to put in salt to for a ‘healthier effect’ although we all know french fries are never healthy!
4. Fry until golden brown. Make sure your oil is really hot when you start frying your potatoes.
5. Serve and enjoy your Homemade Chips. Easy, huh? 🙂