(^_^)
You are reading...
Life and Love

Globe Tattoo Disappointment

I have been a loyal Globe user since the cellphone boom here in the Philippines… I have been singing nothing but praises for Globe, expect for my short stint with them a while ago. Other than that, I have got nothing complain-able about their service. I know, they’re not perfect, so are the others. There may be several glitches in their technology and products but I overlooked it and continued on patronizing the brand. Until now.

I’ve been planning to get a Wireless Broadband connection for my personal use at home. Once, I borrowed a Smart Bro Wireless from a friend and tried it out at home, using my age-old Toshie. I was quite surprised actually that the connection was faster than expected. I was impressed with Smart, to be honest, because I never thought they can satisfy me with their product. I was quite happy with Smart Bro during that short period that I was using it.

Now, there’s an urgent need to get a net connection at home (what that is, I still have to blog about it in the future ). So when I heard just last Friday that Smart Bro has a new and improved Smart Bro for only Php 1,995 (before it was Php 2,500) I immediately checked out their site and really considered buying one. But when I thought of checking out Globe Telecom’s site first (because for sure, they don’t want to be left behind), there I saw their new and improved wireless broadband product, the Globe Tattoo (formerly known as Globe Visibility) and is a hundred pesos cheaper than what Smart is offering.

And so I headed to Mega Mall after my event to check out their center. I went to Smart Center first but found out that they ran out of stock of their Smart Bro. Disappointed (but not much) but with a determination that I’m going home with a Wireless Broadband Connection kit with me, I went straight to Globe Center and purchased the Globe Tattoo (To be honest, I tend to be a compulsive buyer so I guess it’s partly my fault). I had no reservations with my purchase because (1) it’s Globe, my forever network provider and (2) I’ve actually heard, in passing before, that Visibility is better than Bro.

So upon trying it the next day (Sunday), I was very disappointed. Loading Plurk home page took me more than a two minutes, Facebook and Friendster a minute, Gmail longer than Plurk… and so on. I’ve never experienced waiting this long when I used Smart Bro. And even tho I’ve positioned my Toshie near the window… nothing happened. It sill is s.l.o.o.o.w.w.w.

So, Globe, please, please, please, improve your service. If you don’t want more disappointed customers, please do something about your wireless connection.

About IamJoyceee

I am a full time day dreamer and an eternal wonderer. A Bible-believing Christian, who is a big lover of the Big G, my G and my own little pug, Mr. Pies. I am passionate about being a home chef, solving pain points, as well as adopting tech for good. Twitter: @iamjoyceeee | Instagram: @iamjoyceee

Discussion

54 thoughts on “Globe Tattoo Disappointment

1. panloloko ng taogngwa ng GLOBE. . . . it suck’s!!!

Posted by Iceman18 | August 14, 2009, 9:45 PM
  2. I hate globe…who wants to swap a smart bro for my globe tattoo? email me pls… arianman09_2004@yahoo.com tnx

Posted by unhappy camper | August 21, 2009, 6:59 PM
  3. I have a full 3G signal in my place here in Laguna, so it should have been an advantage. The signal indicator in my Tatoo is “steady blue” which indicates strong 3G signal. When using the tatoo for the first minute, it works fine, really fast, up to 2.0Mbps, as promised, but it’s only the figure that is 2.0Mbps. The connection is not really that fast but acceptable. Then after some minutes, the download and upload rate become 0.000 kbps. Why would this be the case? You are in a full 3G cover place and this is what you get. What do others get with Globe Tatoo with less 3G signal?

I didn’t try SMART Bro cause the signal is weak here. I will try to get a USB 2.0 Connector with Signal Booster if this will resolve the issue. When I have it, I can actually place my Tatoo on my window or some place I could extend it where the signal is stronger and see what I get.

Posted by Billcrusher | September 26, 2009, 11:14 AM
  4. well, i think globe is better than smart’s. i think πŸ™‚

Posted by Joyceee | September 26, 2009, 1:32 PM
  5. hi joyce,

Was just surfing the net, and searching for answer on google, accidentally opened your blogsite.

Curious lang po, are you still using your Globe Tattoo? Which is better talaga, SmartBro or GlobeTattoo? cause saw your last comment, sabi mo better parin yung globe?

Hoping you’d e-mail me back @

edzkifari@yahoo.com

Thanks!

JR of Cagayan de Oro

Posted by JR | September 27, 2009, 4:06 AM
  6. Smart Bro plug it is now 995 with reviews & suggestions and speeds

Globe Tattoo plug it is now 895 & suggestions and speeds

Another alternative is SMART Bro Share it with antenna connection possible

You can get the Globe usb or the SUN usb unlocked read more about it at my plug it sites above to use with any sim.

SUN INTERNET USB PLUG IT NOW GIVES 180 HOURS FREE SURFING READ REVIEWS

Sun just finally met the competition a little by now offering 180 free for 30 days when you buy their 1895 usb plug it modem. Smart now offers modem for 999 and Globe for 895

Posted by philippinetech | September 29, 2009, 2:49 PM
  7. I am also a loyal globeline user. But in terms of wireless internet conection, i’d go for smartbro. I am not very certain that we can get all good connection from this product, we should also consider the location. But majority of these locations, I would say smartbro has the widest coverage, so by that, for me, smartbro’s still better than any other.

Posted by tomnado | November 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
  8. oha buti na l;ang smart ako. hehe. ok to mga tsong mabilis talaga.

Posted by marco | November 19, 2009, 9:10 PM
  9. oha buti na lang smart ako. hehe. ok to mga tsong mabilis talaga.

Posted by marco | November 19, 2009, 9:15 PM
  10. @marco cool.. smartbro tayo. hehe

Posted by tomnado | November 20, 2009, 8:13 PM
  11. haha.. i find this hilarious.. super bitter sa globe.. pero i’m honestly saying na may point xa. tulad sa mga sinasabe ng mga nababasa kong comments..XD

Posted by tomnado | November 20, 2009, 8:14 PM
  12. grabe, when i bought my globe tattoo before it was still Php 1800++ kaya when i heard that they have a newer and cheaper tattoo, it’s one big WTF! ha! buti na lang din, smart bro dropped it’s price… di ko pa nabibili tho, but am planning to buy one.

still using my Globe Tattoo :-/

Posted by Joyceee | November 21, 2009, 5:22 PM
  13. @joycee.. keep us posted kung ano mas better.
    yes ur ryt. nagddrop na sila ng prices, madame kasing nagssubscribe ngayon.
    Im using smartbro, and its really fine. Globe here in our location is a crap. πŸ˜›

Posted by tomnado | November 21, 2009, 7:18 PM
  14. @joycee. tama c tomnado, try mo na mgsmart, mas ok un. hehe. wla lang!

Posted by marco | November 21, 2009, 8:59 PM
  15. yah joycee try mo dn smart bro. mas mabilis sa globe.

Posted by marco | November 22, 2009, 7:55 PM
  16. i have tried using the 3., iba iba kame ng mga kapatid ko. haha πŸ˜›
    i chose smartbro, and happily, i’ve got the fastest. mY brother’s a globe, my sis is sun.,wireless lahat.:P

Posted by kath | November 23, 2009, 8:45 PM
  17. @marco.. korek tlga. haha

Posted by tomnado | November 23, 2009, 8:53 PM
  18. @KATH

tlga? ayaw neo ng internet no? hehe
    well.. congrats! you beat them!:)

Posted by tomnado | November 25, 2009, 8:37 PM
  19. haha i envy you guys… i should buy bro na, now na!

but hey, i heard na ok rin daw Bayan?

Posted by Joyceee | November 25, 2009, 10:54 PM
  20. @joycee.

ay naku. it’s no good. honestly, sobrang bagal daw ng Bayan.
    Lalo na pag umulan kahit konti lang, ngkakaron na ng prob ung connection nila. Yap. mag smart ka na lng. ito.. based on experiences lang ah. hehehe

Posted by marco | November 27, 2009, 5:50 PM
  21. @JOYCEE
    ay naku. it’s no good. honestly, sobrang bagal daw ng Bayan.

Posted by marco | November 27, 2009, 5:53 PM
  22. @marco

I heard nga na mabagal daw ang bayantel sabi ng classmate ko, pero akala ko sa kanila lang yun.HAHHA!

@joyceee
    mas improved “daw” ang smart ngayon. and about bayan.. I don’t really think so. mdme ba subscriber nun?hehhe. BTW, im using smartbro, i guess nararamdaman ko yung speed nya ngayon.hehe. sna nga true na my improvement!:P

Posted by miney | November 29, 2009, 9:32 PM
  23. @marco
    haha! yap. ayaw nmn ng internet. heheh.

Posted by kath | November 30, 2009, 6:03 PM
  24. ye… you guys right. SMARTBRO is good!

Posted by beth | December 1, 2009, 8:57 PM
  25. have you heard of SmartBro’s new SurfTV? http://bit.ly/dgSi5R

Posted by Daxx | March 12, 2010, 2:41 PM

Any Thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

I am

... a big time day dreamer
... an eternal wanderer

I am currently…

LEGOLAND... here for the foreseeable future.

Blog Directory for the Philippines

My InstaShots

There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.

My Flickr Photos